Current progress so far
Links to parts and information websites
Where I will be building my diablo
Where most of the important bits come from
The stuff it all bolts to
What makes it go
What makes it pretty
The cars nervous system
Where you sit
The gubberment bit
 
Who really cares?
Stuff that will not fit anywhere else
Other diablo replica websites
 

Front lights

This is the headlight before fitting. You can source these lights from a Nissan 300zx, just make sure you dont get UK spec'd lights or you will fall foul of the SVA tester. You need to make sure they have a little arrow on which points to the right when looking into the light. This should just be below the letter 'E' in a circle with a number next to it.

If your lights do not have the E marking, they are from an import vehicle, or worse still for a left hand drive vehicle. Not much you do there I am afraid except to get another set from somewhere. When buying your lights, make sure they have all the relevant markings, there are a lot of import headlights floating around.
This is the drivers side headlamp fitted into its enclosure. The fit is pretty tight, and Naz recommends cutting off the rear of the light housing to provide clearance. I really feel uncomfortable doing this as it means dust and potentially water could find their way into the now compromised housing. I removed a small section of the inner wheel arch cover to provide clearance, and will make a small box to cover it over and render it water tight again.

The headlamp is held in using two straps on the left hand side, and a single mount through to the side of the boot cover. The lamp is very sturdy mounted in this way. I have heard of lights being broken off when weight is applied through unsecure mountings. I used the best method I could think of to test the mounting, and managed to place almost all of my weight on it without it breaking.

The fibreglass panel That PD supply when fitted does not allow the headlight to be fitted correctly. The dipped beam reflector housing protrudes out and fouls this. PD solve this by cutting the rear of the light housing off. Unfortunately this opens the light up to ingress from dust and water so I was not overly enamoured with this idea.

What I did instead was to cut a square out which allows the light to be fitted, and also allows easy access to the light bulbs should they need replacing.

This part will be sandblasted, primed with acid-etch and then painted. Its too shiny in its raw aluminium.